1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It had to come to this: Dykstra to box Canseco

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 2, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7181875/len-dykstra-jose-canseco-fight-saturday-celebrity-boxing-match

Dykstra takes the place of the White House party crasher, dude. This is not from The Onion.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lenny's training for his future prison bouts.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Pitiful, Just pitiful.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Canseco in this one. Longer reach and height advantage. i guess Lenny could tie him up inside and work the body though.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but did you see the last time Canseco participated in a celebrity boxing match? He didn't want to actually get hit. I can see Dykstra going in there ready to get bloody. Dykstra in a first-round TKO. Round 3 at the latest.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A TKO is going to have to involve head shots. Unless they let Lenny stand on a chair I'm not sure he can reach that high.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Prior to an Arkansas Travelres minor league game last summer, Canseco and Gary Hogan, the 60-year-old assistant AD at Arkansas-Little Rock, had a "boxing match" to raise money for charity. Actually, Hogan was raising money for charity. Canseco was raising money for Canseco. The four-round fiasco was pretty boring, with Hogan getting the win by decision, 39-37. Canseco just played around for four rounds, and gave Hogan a bloody lip early in the fight.

Here are highlights...such as they are.

http://www.arkansassports360.com/18894/video-jose-canseco-goes-down-in-defeat-boxing-against-gary-hogan

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A TKO will only require Dykstra to swing within three feet of Canseco and he'll go down like Lindsay Lohan desperate for some smack.

Skip to 1:20 in the video.

The only real question is whether is Dykstra will be facing Jose or Ozzie.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

JERRY: Who, who, who do you think would win in a fight between me and, uh, gorgeous George here?

ELAINE: You mean in a real Fight Fight?

JERRY: Mono a Baldo.

ELAINE: George.

GEORGE: AH-HA!

JERRY: Why?

ELAINE: George fights dirty.

JERRY: Really? What would you do?

GEORGE: Pull hair, Poke eyes, Groin stuff. Whatever I gotta do.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw someone on Twitter, might have been Jones, describe this as one step ahead of bumfights.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Given their tax filings it already is a bum fight

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted