1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It can't be wrong. ... When it feels so right

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 23, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/23/songwriter.indicted/index.html

The guy who wrote "You Light Up My Life" (the song, and he directed the movie) has been indicted on sex charges. They are alleging that he flew women to NY under the guise that they were auditioning for a movie. He gave them a glass or two of wine that had a date-rape drug mixed in. There are 11 women, according to the indictment.

It is just plain creepy.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Debby Boone didn't sing the main song in the movie. Neither did the actress, Didi Conn. Some unknown singer, whom I don't know the name of, did the movie vocal track.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Who did she screw to get that gig?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's exactly who it was, Wiki or not.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, geez, who knows - maybe one of the billions of people who heard her sing on various works, primarily commercials, jobs that made hers "the most ubiquitous voice in the land."

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/13/nyregion/kasey-cisyk-singer-dies-at-44-made-mark-in-commercials.html

She worked as a backup singer for Carly Simon and Quincy Jones; she dubbed the Oscar-winning title song for the 1977 movie ''You Light Up My Life,'' and in the demanding world of commercial jingles, she was a star, one whose very anonymity was a critical asset.

It allowed her, for example, to amass a list of credits that included such archrivals as ABC, NBC and CBS; McDonald's and Burger King, American and Delta airlines and even Coke and Pepsi.

And for all her long run with Ford, Miss Cisyk also sang in the service of Chevrolet, Cadillac and Toyota.

It was her work for Ford that made her the envy of her colleagues. From the time she became the voice of Ford in 1981 until the campaign was finally retired two months ago, hers was the most ubiquitous voice in the land. In 1989, when the campaign was nearing the midpoint of its 17-year run, an industry record for a corporate soloist, Ford executives estimated that Miss Cisyk had been heard by a cumulative audience of 20 billion.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

So this dude wrote one of the worst, sappiest piece of shit songs ever and he's a pervert.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Right now I'm asking myself, "Why the hell did I open the Wikipedia page for You Light Up My Life?" What would possess me to do such a thing?

Whew! Thank God it was a dead link. That was a close one!

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I fixed it for ya, Bub!

Draft saved Draft deleted