1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It appears that Alec Baldwin’s wife is not Spanish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jerry-atric, Dec 29, 2020.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

About fifty years ago, I was born and shortly after adopted. My name is even more bland than the one I use here but I found out this year my original name was "Dean."

I love my parents and my family. Still, I'll wonder now occasionally what life would've been like as a Dean.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Meh ... the pay's pretty good but it's a boring gig. All you do is filter reports upward to the provost and president, gladhand potential donors, and listen to faculty bitch.

Oh ... you meant something else.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Dino....Dean.....close enough.

upload_2020-12-30_9-50-45.jpeg

britwrit likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

My legal name is far more interesting than my pen name. Then again, I'd rather be the name below the title than the face of someone who is told to "Say something funny!" Right now. With no context to work from. There are other reasons for it, but that's the biggest one.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was a somebody, until Howie's son came along and blew me right out of Google.

sgreenwell and lakefront like this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And the Day 3 story: Alec Baldwin is Alexander Baldwin but goes by Alec!!!

lakefront likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm the only one in America with my birth name.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Genuinely curious - is the "problem" that she is guilty of cultural appropriation? I understand that's an issue for some people, whether you are talking about people posing as people of color out of affinity or for some type of advantage.
    Back in the day Hollywood was littered with Jewish and Middle Eastern folks, Eastern Euros, Latinos, etc. enjoying full careers by downplaying/hiding their race and presenting themselves as "white" for increased opportunites. And it still goes on a bit.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is a funny story, my friend. Nothing more or less!

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This has been my name my whole life. However, my grandfather changed the family name well before I was born. My Dad was 18 or 19 when Grandpa (I never knew him) changed the name. That would have been in the mid-1930s.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it be crazy if the First Lady changed her first name? Hilarious.

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted