1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It’s Time to Legalize Polygamy. Why group marriage is the next horizon of social liberalism.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 28, 2015.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[/stoneysdad]

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Could you clarify your point?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is there another nation on earth where the citizenry fears to this degree that someone, somewhere might be having sex?

Big Circus and FileNotFound like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Pretty simple.

Your "deal with it" argument could have been made a generation ago, and another one a generation before that. Sometime in 1857 I'm sure some poor slave was told, "This is the way we do things here, boy. Deal with it."

But people didn't just deal with it. They fought.

old_tony likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You should definitely continue to fight against faggots, too. It's worth it.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Hey, if OT wants to pursue the fight for polygamy, fine by me.

I think you're twisting what I meant by deal with it there to make your point, but whatever. But I'll just say I don't buy the slippery slope argument that seemed implied by your prior post, as there are clear differences between polygamy and interracial/gay marriage in terms of societal impact that will prevent that extension from ever happening. But, hey, if the pro-polygamists or anti-gays want to keep fighting I'm not telling em to stop.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen that Showtime show Polyamory?

That whole deal lines up right next to nudist colonies as Things That Should Be Awesome But Are Actually Quite Horrible.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So society is always infallible?

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Criminy, OT, I've encountered rocks with sounder logic skills than you. The irrational leaps you make from post to post are unreal.

Nowhere did I remotely suggest that society is infallible. But society does make the laws, and if you don't understand why that's relevant, then I suggest you re-read your (dumb) question to which that post responded.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You say I have to accept things because society says so.

Now you decide that society can be wrong? Then why should people not fight back? If people never fight society, then we still have slavery and we still have only property-owning men being able to vote.

So do you want people to fight against wrong? Or are people only allowed to fight against what you believe is wrong?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just you wait until you have a teenage daughter.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh for chrssakes, OT..... NO, I was not saying you must accept anything or shouldn't "fight back." Fight back all you friggin want. I do not care. Good luck with your fight, you dogged little fighter, you.

Instead, the ONLY point of that post was to answer your harebrained question asking in a bewildered manner if we're expected to suppress acting on some attractions but not others. And the answer to that question is OBVIOUSLY yes (for example,if you're attracted to underaged girls, your wife's sister or illegal activities, you better suppress that shit) and societal rules and expectations have a lot to do with why the answer is so obviously yes. Sorry if you were too dim to follow.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted