1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#IStandWithAhmed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MagoIL, Sep 16, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What's next? A hunting trip with Dick Cheney?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kissinger might be in town.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He should try to get some hush money from Dennis Hastert while he's at it.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Cheney: "That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing."

Ahmed; "It was just a clock."

Cheney: "Oh."

cranberry and Vombatus like this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I couldn't help reading that with a certain German accent in mind. Well played, sir!

Brian likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

While folks continue to criticize Ahmed and admire the magical mystery tour remember he would undoubtedly give this all back if he had not been handcuffed and subjected to ridicule for bringing a clock to school. Think about that.

Corollary to people who recover millions!! for having their life wrecked when they suffer unspeakable, disabling injuries. Yep, they'd trade those millions in a heartbeat to have their lives back.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't believe that for a second.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was just about to say the exact same thing.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Horseshit. The more I've learned about this case the more I've come to suspect we've been taken for a ride. And I do not believe for a second that this kid's family (especially his attention-whoring father) wishes all this had never happened.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is certainly unclear, at best, but does nothing to justify the way the kid was treated that day.

studthug12, HC and JC like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lolz

Draft saved Draft deleted