1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Issues/requests for new SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

What do you want to discuss now? My favorite color?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes pube will live on for eternity... but I don't really understand how you can tell someone with a current screen name of done is the erstwhile pube by looking back at quote boxes from three months ago. How do you connect that cable?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Mason-Dixon line is a false demarcation of South vs. North because it lies well north of places that would be considered northern otherwise. It is simply the border between Pennsylvania and Maryland that dates to the year 1750. It only gained political significance in the abolition battles of the mid-1800s.

Cincinnati, St. Louis, Indianapolis (barely), Denver (also barely), Las Vegas and Los Angeles are all south of 39 degrees 43 minutes latitude, which is where the line would run if extended due west.

And the term "Dixie" has no relation to Dixon, a Brit surveyor who could care less. We don't call the North "Masie," do we?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sometimes when I am on the Anything Goes board, then click on teh board index, it will show a new post on Anything Goes. But when I click back over here, it shows the new post in the 'Last post by' but the "new" button isn't there.

Just something I've noticed.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I would appreciate it if I would be addressed as "colonel" or "sir." I believe I've earned it.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How about "douchenozzle" or "loser" instead?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Don't ever question my orders in front of another officer.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

By looking at that poster's previous posts.

Not complicated.

If your post quotes you as pube going back and forth with dog428, but now you're showing up as done...Well, it ain't brain surgery.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's not brain surgery, but it's work I would rather not go through the inconvenience, which is exactly what it is.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I never said you should. Pube asked how you do that. I told him.

Didn't say he should. He just said he didn't know how to "connect that cable." I connected the dots for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted