1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel has a "right to defend itself" but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Billy Monday, Jul 22, 2006.

1. NotFromHavana

NotFromHavana Member

Act with as little regard for civilian life as possible as long as it can be excused by "getting the job done," of course.  Wouldn't that be anyone's default solution?

Yee-ha!

2. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Really? since when?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

WHA, you're really the worst kind of troll.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fen, what if what's going on in Israel/Leba-nin was happening here with Mexico? What if banditos came over the border and abducted someone you know in the military, and then Mexico kept lobbing missiles into your hometown? I think it's a very fair question to ask you what you might do. BTW, there is no sarcasm font in this post.

I'll repeat: this is a war: people are going to die.

5. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

You've offered nothing but negativity on this board from day 1,  Obviosuly you fancy yourself as the "voice of the people"....enjoy the illusion and please come back with  stock academia dribble that your "shows" your superior intellegience.  

6. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

On cue--fucking laughable

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Great point, but war should only happen if there are absoloutley no more solutions. I think there's more that can be done before war being an option for Israel.

8. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Everyone that disagrees with you is a troll, right?

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Except your brother wasn't trying to eliminate you and anyone related or associated with you from the planet.
    And, unless I'm mistaken, that whole "talk things out" hasn't exactly worked all that well the past 100 years over there.

10. Songbird

They are so far beyond the point of just talking. It's on. The war of hate is on.

11. Songbird

CNN: " ... but Hezbollah demands a prisoner exchange."

What a bunch of (insert feminine body part here).

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I imagine the terms for the exchange are laughably different than they were when Israel was trying to get its soldiers back.

Draft saved Draft deleted