1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and Leba-nin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 12, 2006.

1. And, Boom? There were people arguing exactly that before the war. They were derided, marginalized, and ignored. The people who launched this clusterfuck launched it because they've been waiting to launch it for almost 20 years.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Again, you are trying to compare technology that exists and is used to track large weaponry and trying to apply it to humans that live in homes amongst other humans.

Please, stop trying to use one with the other. They are not comparable.

Not exactly. The only real way would be to have the locations outside of view. As such, that doesn't really happen.

Yeah, but that isn't going to happen. So, why bother?

Saddam didn't have nukes. He wasn't close to obtaining nukes. He knew it and we knew it. Iran, N. Korea, Syria, they all obtained the information from Dr. A. Q. Khan with the help of the Pakistani government. When Khan approached Iraq, Saddam thought he was an "agent of the West" and declined.

Someone may have said, "Yeah we have missiles" but Saddam wouldn't be stupid enough to not know where they are supposed to be. Bush may not know exactly where every missile is, but the military has a log. They know what they have and what they can use from certain outposts. How can it be argued that Saddam's military advisors would send individuals to the outposts where the weapons are claimed to be only to have them not exist? What sense does this make?

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The whole of US cable news networks are beyond worthless. They have a 24-hour news story dropped in their lap and stop reporting after midnight. I come home from work every night wanting to get a latest update and I have to see something that was recorded at 8 p.m. the previous evening. Bullshit.

The big story is not the US citizens being evacuated. Wake the fuck up. Get your ass inside that war zone too. Stop being pussies.

4. May I suggest BBC World Service on your radio?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes you should. I've been listening to it when I'm in the car. Much better job, though they do cut away to talk about other things from time to time. They've yet to do a Natalie Holloway update though.

6. And you get the cricket scores!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, The Windies are da Bomb!

8. Every year, the Beeb sends someone to the Super Bowl. That person's report -- especially after Media Day -- always sounds like the first live report from Neptune.

Draft saved Draft deleted