1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel accepts cease-fire deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Breakyoself, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

also, support has been lessoning for the war in israel as well, so Olmert may not be out of a job. Now if Lebonon and the terrorists don't follow through on their side, then he may not.

I agree pallister, but with the world bitching up a storm and to some degree it's people not wanting to go all-out, this is the smart move. if it happens again, then i would think all bets are off.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's all well and good but the fact is Hizbollah was supposed to disarm two years ago under order of that body that so many people think is the be-all end-all, the UN. Of course the UN being the emasculated terrorist-loving organization it is, didn't follow through. Again.

Hizbollah started this madness and it won't end until Hizbollah ceases to exist within Lebanon. Nazrallah should be given two options:

1. Unconditionally surrender and turn yourself and all the mongrels under your control in immediately.

2. Keep firing and we'll get you to paradise just as soon as we can.

It is absolute madness to give this guy a say in anything. He's a fucking terrorist, not a statesman.

3. Armchair_QB

Latest poll shows 70 percent of Israelis support of what Israel is doing. Doesn't sound like a lack of support to me.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Is it true finally over. Yes dear GOD.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

You don't belong here.

6. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

armchair, i didn't say a lack of support, a said less than when the war started.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Tell you the truth no I don't think Hizbollah is a going to go by this agreement at all, and you right about Iran and Syria as long they are in control those regimes this will not end pretty hint WWIII.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

No way are they going to sit around and allow this to happen, with out them having a say in this.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

HEZBOLLAH

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Ladies and Gentelmen World War III.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It won't be worth the paper it's written on. Eventually, Hezbollah and/or Hamas will decide on a new campaign to eliminate the Jews and they'll send in more and more suicide bombers to Israel again and it'll be a whole new shitstorm again.

Here's the only accurate reading I know on the situation: If Hezbollah and Hamas would lay down their arms, there'll be no more violence there (in this conflict, at least).  If Israel lays down its arms, there'll be no more Israel.

Actually, a cease-fire now will only postpone the inevitable. The only way this ends long-term is if Israel does what it needs to do, and that's rout Hezbollah our of existance. In 1945, no one would have accepted the Nazi Party continuing to have any kind of power in post-war Germany.

12. Armchair_QB

The only way Hamas and Hizbollah are going to be destroyed is if Israel takes out Syria and Iran. You have to cut off the head.

Draft saved Draft deleted