1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isola rips Windhorst

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JoelHammond, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I've never heard of either.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't put words in my mouth, jackass.
    You want to live in Cleveland? Fine, I couldn't care less.

I'm looking forward to a few days in Cleveland in July but I sure as hell DON'T want to live there because I'm very happy where I am.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

A little NY-centric to be believed, and awfully snarky at that.

I think more writers these days are trying to land Internet gigs than newspaper jobs, with the option of staying where they are or living where they want. More likely Windhorst would be looking for an ESPN.com [ESPNCleveland.com?] or AOL Fanhouse job.

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Spnited, you're right, I shouldn't have used your name. I should have stuck with the general "Anywhere but NYC sucks, it's flyover country, who the hell cares about the Cavs, etc. etc. etc. etc." attitude of anyone who lives in the area.

Which, of course, includes you. But I shouldn't have mentioned you by name.

Forgive me.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Except, as usual with broad generalizations, that "attitude" does not exist. It's more your anti-NYC bias than me or anybody else thinking anywhere but NYC sucks.

I have nothing against Cleveland or anywhere else. I just want to live where I want to live ... and I sure as hell don't want Junkie living near me. :D ;)

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

So your neighbors' house is for sale? Guess they agree with me.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Isn't the NYDN where that guy works who Omar Minaya ripped and said he kept asking for a job with the Mets?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Windhorst response:

http://www.clevescene.com/64-and-counting/archives/2010/04/11/brian-windhorst-comments-on-frank-isolas-story

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yes, but Adam Rubin has since left for ESPNNewYork.com. I think Isola is also the guy who claimed he got frozen out by Isiah and the Dolans, although I could be misremembering it.

Very classy response by Windhorst. Those calm guys from flyover country ... :D

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Isola's coverage is funny and cutting so imagine this was done with
    more than a bit of snark. If windhorst goes anywhere it will be a national job. Great guy.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Paid journalists spending time on this crap, with all the possible actual news they could work on breaking? Sometimes makes me glad I have more days behind me than ahead of me

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Isola denied he meant any harm, which is kinda obvious when you read the blog in its entirety.

Draft saved Draft deleted