1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't this a little much?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sirvaliantbrown, Dec 11, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If the NFL has any guts, they'll fine Hall $50K for the poster, and White $100K for the shirt, then make both pay matching amounts to the Atlanta Humane Society.

Hell, if we're to believe Vick, he's showing contrition for this. His teammates, on the other hand, are condoning what he did and indicating they don't feel he should be held accountable.

If Hall needed to give the Falcons one more reason to dump him, and he didn't, that was it.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

So I'll know it's you because you'll be wearing a "TJM 4/19" T-shirt to player interviews tomorrow? Solidarity in the name of government-killing-humans, and all, brother.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't quite understand this post, but all I am saying is Vick isn't the worst person in America because he killed a bunch of dogs. They are animals, they aren't people.
    Jesus.
    We should put away the fuckers torturing prisoners long before we put away Vick.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

even if we did, we probably still wouldn't be talking about those people on a vick thread. i have to wonder why you're attempting to qualify what vick did.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm not trying to qualify what Vick did.

Vick tortured and abused animals and that is wrong and he should go to jail.

I just think we as American citizens should be more concerned with people torturing other people or people murdering other people, rather than getting our panties in a bunch over an NFL quarterback (whereas if it was either Angola! or Tom Petty no one would care) killing animals.

Michael Vick deserves jail time, but I am not sure if he deserves nearly 2 years and I don't see why so much of the media is focusing on this rather than more important things, such as our government torturing prisoners.

That's all.

6. I'm sure ESPN is working on the "government torturing prisoners" angle for an upcoming Outside the Lines.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, it's all good and well that the sports media is going after this. I'm not saying that we professionaly, as sports journalists, should be going after the torturing of prisoners, I'm saying we as American citizens should be going after the government, which is torturing prisoners.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

gola, this is a freakin' vick thread. if you want to talk about torture, start a torture thread. be more than happy to chime in on that one, too.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you at all familiar with the use of hyperbole to make a point?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

chuck hasn't been familiar with much lately.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The SPORTS media is focusing on Vick.

The NEWS media is focusing on government torturing prisoners.

FOX NEWS is focusing on Rudy.

In other words . . . nothing is really out of place.

12. lono

lono Active Member

I'll give you 5 to 1 you never see that money again.

Draft saved Draft deleted