1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't this a little much?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sirvaliantbrown, Dec 11, 2007.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071211/ap_on_sp_fo_ga_su/fbn_saints_falcons

This gesture okay with me: "Cornerback DeAngelo Hall ran on the field during pregame introductions holding up a Vick poster and had 'MV7' painted beneath his eyes."

This gesture not okay with me: "Roddy White hauled in a 33-yard touchdown pass that briefly tied the game at 7, then pulled up his jersey to reveal a T-shirt that said 'Free Mike Vick.'"

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Neither gesture is OK. Both are reprehensible.

3. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Not sure if there was anything on another thread about this, but either the cameramen during the game were very skilled at finding black people in the crowd wearing Vick jerseys, or no white people were wearing any. The solidarity is sometimes appalling.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They should both be fucking fined up the wazzoo and suspended. The NFL fines people for wearing the wrong color tape on their socks, they can fine them big time for publicly supporting a felon animal torturer.

Unless all Goodell's talk about trying to clean up the image of the league is complete hot air, he can't tolerate this shit. What next, "Free Rae Carruth" headbands??

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yup, must be all about race and nothing to do with the murder of dogs.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Come on now, let's not compare Rae friggin Carruth to what Michael Vick did.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My thought was that they were both begging to be fined.

Their freedom of speech does not extend to their workplace, I presume.

More to the point, though, was how the rest of their team, um, dogged it tonight.

8. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Rae Carruth? People really need to get a grip here.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Does it for any of us?

If your friend got fired and you showed up with a T-shirt reading MR. X GOT SCREWED, I'd bet you'd absorb some sort of punishment for exercising your freedom of speech.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm gonna wear a "Free Art Schlichter" T-shirt to work tomorrrow. ::) ::)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

All he needs is another chance.

And I'm sure he'll repay me the $30,000 I loaned him just as soon as he gets on his feet again. :D

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly. But I don't mind the DeAngelo Hall eyeblack because it simply said MV7. Because that can also mean "Yeah, what he did was wrong, but I hope he can pull through this". But you're taking it to far when you're wearing a "Free Vick" shirt because now you're going againt your boss's ruling and that he dosn't deserve being in jail.

Draft saved Draft deleted