1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't it ironic?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Making fun of someone's personal life because you disagree with their politics is about as sad as it gets. This place is quickly becoming a Reddit sub-board.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Being giddy when several dozen Muslims die in an accident is much sadder.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just consider the source and the fact that he's on his 11th or 12th handle because he's shamed all the previous ones.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You all are reading a lot more into o_t's original post than there was, I think. Geez.

And, honestly, nobody found anything about a crane owned by the bin Laden family, crashing into a mosque at Mecca and killing more than a 100 people, on 9/11, at all ironic? It was ironic, and I think that's all there was to it.

Granted, I don't know o_t personally. But I doubt many (any?) of you do, either.

old_tony likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in New York on the eve of 9/11, this happened:
    Rainbow-over-NY-on-911-anniversary.jpg

This is certain to upset the lefties.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is this the first time you've seen him post?

BDC99 likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

And I know he doesn't care for Islam and Muslims in general. But there are plenty of people who would, generally, agree with that sentiment, and who also would not bother pretending that they actually are all for supporting a religion that, frankly, seems to foster evil and destruction and narrow-mindedness more than any other, and do it just for the sake of political correctness and because it might make them appear tolerant and "better".

What's more, just because he may not actually care that 100 people who he doesn't even know died, it doesn't mean that he was rejoicing that they did, either.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You were online last night when he originally posted?

Hey Tony, this puts you in good company with the other treats Write defends.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The thread title was much, much different than it is now. Hence, the reaction.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why would it upset the lefties? It shows God celebrating the Gay Agenda!

TigerVols and JC like this.
  11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

o_t needs to run down to Write's Walmart ASAP and buy that engagement ring.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He characterized their deaths as a positive intervention by G-d. That sure as hell sounds like rejoicing.

Then again, you seem to share his issues with Muslims.

Is it possible that tony doesn't mean any of this crap and he's playing a character? Perhaps. I haven't met him in person. But I have seen posts that reveal bigotry, hatred and the capacity to derive joy from the suffering of others. Just as I have seen a capacity within you to staunchly defend people who do disgusting things just because their beliefs align with yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.