1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't it ironic?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The term "Act of God" has been commonplace in all of society, not just the insurance industry -- where it is a legal term actually written into contracts. Maybe you can get the Supreme Court to nullify those contracts as part of "Separation of church and state."

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

An Act of God sounds a lot more like an act of science.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony, I'm not talking about society. I'm talking about you. I guess insurance company definitions are your latest place to hide rather than just own your despicable hatred.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

From your own link,
    . It's just a catch-all for "act of nature" such as a bolt of lightning that hits a tall, metallic object and that tall, metallic object having been struck by a force of substantial size falls over.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

His wife thought he should change it?

JC likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He also said that this proved there was a god, not that it was an act of god. The title last night made it clear as to why.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

o_t should know masturbating to his Muslim death fantasies is a sin.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So why didn't God stop the terrorists?

I mean, He can part a sea, but He can't stop a bunch of guys with box cutters?

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's because we He knew in 2015 we would jail a woman for denying marriage licenses to two men wanting to marry each other.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's a stretch to take my noting that many of the victims fellow worshipers no doubt react in glee when tragedy strikes the west (a proven fact)...and turn it into me being "happy about the death of over 100 people..." If you draw my "what comes around goes around" as me indicating I'm happy, that's a wrong conclusion on your part and no doubt the result of my being inarticulate on a message board. But I will be clear on one thing: Islam as practiced by the devout should not be applauded by free-thinking people. Does that mean I think its followers should die? Of course not.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

For the record, I never saw this title.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Insurance companies are people, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.