1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't it ironic?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His first thread title was much better.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yep. Old Tony and TV are just like the terrorists. Where's Reacher with that meme?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

TINMHITTMAL

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's like craaaaaa-yaaaaane on your Jihad day....

Vombatus, old_tony and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, this is disappointing. Sadly, I expect this from tony. I guess we learned a bit more about you with this one.

Do you know the victims of this accident? Do you know anything but their faith? You're assuming that they were among those who cheer when we face tragedy, but you don't know. So based purely on faith, you are happy about the death of over 100 people. Think about that. Man, I hope when you think about it, you realize how awful that sounds.

Hate to admit it, but MC nailed it. We are supposed to be better than this. It makes me sick to realize that some of us are not.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Mindy McCready wonders where your compassion went.

7. outofplace

I forget exactly how he worded the title, but it was more honest regarding his feelings. Maybe somebody made him tone it down, but the disgusting idea behind the initial post is still there.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We are better than them. They kill us. They want to wipe us off the face of the Earth. We just notice when God steps in with a lightning bolt from a thunderstorm (in a desert, no less) on the anniversary of 9/11.

9. outofplace

You aren't noticing. You are rejoicing. You are enjoying the death of other human beings. You are assuming they took part in or supported the murder of Americans based purely on their faith. That is bigotry. That is hateful. That is not what Christianity teaches. That is disgusting.

10. old_tony

You're free to point out all the rejoicing.

11. outofplace

You aren't better than those 107 people, Tony. You proved that by your reaction to their deaths.

(It was 107. correct?)

12. old_tony

In other words, you can't point out any rejoicing. Noted.

Here is what rejoicing looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.