1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islanders cut Yashin loose....Please, Toronto, don't even think about it.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I didn't forget those names, was just typing in guys names that came to mind first. Loved Trottier's game.

2. Claws for Concern

Did the New York Post have something saying Michael Peca might want to leave the Leafs and go to the Isles with Yashin out of the mix?

3. Claws for Concern

Here's the link to the story on Peca:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072007/sports/islanders/peca_may_rejoin_isles_now_with_yashin_gone_islanders_larry_brooks.htm

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: Islanders cut Yashin loose....Please, Toronto, don't even think about it....

Would be nice to see Peca back on the Island.

Only question is this: You gain in leadership, no doubt, but just how much does Peca have left in his tank?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've always been a big Michael Peca fan but since signing him would be the right thing for the Leafs to do, they won't.

Instead we get 6 '5" Nik Antropov who plays about 3" shorter than Peca's 5'9"

LIke the last two paragraphs of the Brooks column:

"The organization holds Alexei in the highest regard as a player, as a teammate and as a person," owner Charles Wang said in a statement.

Of course the Islanders do. That's why they're paying him $17.63M not to be on the team."

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh, I think the Western GMs are a tad smarter than you're estimating, save for maybe the Kings, Preds or Blues. Yashin does not have the physical presence nor the humility to survive out here. Although I figured Kevin Lowe had lost his friggin' mind when he traded Smyth, I don't think he's completely daft.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

By the way, according to Garrioch, Yashin wants to go back to Ottawa.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Does Ottawa want Yashin?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

You're assuming Garrioch called Ottawa.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's no friggin' way Yashin will end up in Ottawa.

To Muckler I imagine Yashin represented everything that was wrong with the Sens.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Column closes with Dean Lombardi saying he'd consider Yashin in L.A.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, the column closes with saying Lombardi's always been a big fan--according to Garrioch.

Dumb column.

Draft saved Draft deleted