1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamists taking over Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

bilions of dollars to weapons contractors and private security concerns like Haliburton aligned with Dick Cheney and the Koch brothers. The thought of free oil reserves for American oil companies to pump and sell.
    And jr Bush has Daddy issues.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I did not realize that retired presidents, and senators from the minority party at the time, had the Constitutional authority to commit US troops invade a foreign country. Thanks for instructing me on that point.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Always get a kick out of how, according to the Liberal Trash around here, the leading intellects of their party were duped by the same guy the call the dumbest president in American history.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You are 100 percent right about that. They should have known that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Powell were all lying. After all, their lips were moving.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But The Messiah has never lied to us.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It is a big deal, but I also don't know what the Obama administration can realistically do about it. The American people would go apeshit if we even suggested committing major forces to Iraq again.

At this point, I think if Baghdad falls, it falls. Call it our penance for starting an unnecessary and illegal war for no good reason. Only reason the Islamists got into Iraq in the first place was because of the power vacuum we created. We claimed we were fighting a war on terror, but then chased out the govt over there that was successfully keeping the terrorists out so that they could then come in. Still unbelievable.

7. joe

joe Active Member

In before the lock.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Liberals knew he was stupid. But they didn't think he was a liar as well.

9. NFL-Solomon

NFL-Solomon New Member

Obama's fault. We could've firebombed the ragheads into extinction, but instead we had to play nicey-nice with all the "friendly" jihadist states like Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, I'd place it behind our CIA-supported coup that ousted the democratically elected government in Iran in 1953, and behind our support of the mujahideen ("if they're fighting the Russians, they MUST be the good guys!" ::) ) in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

And before all is said and done, our help in overthrowing the democratically elected government in Ukraine may come back to bite us big time.

We're like the bratty kid who keeps poking the bear, poking him, poking him. And when he's had enough and bites back, we scream, "Evil bear!"

We never fucking learn.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Vietnam also wasn't very smart. That was a bipartisan fuck-up.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at least the damage was somewhat limited to the years we were there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.