1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam is the light

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smokey33, Oct 8, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Crusades, Holocaust, Inquisition ... terrible, inhumane things done to people, but none of which are going on right now. Does that mean anyone wanting to kill someone in the name of religion right now gets a pass?

Let me know when the current Islamic terrorist body count gets to a point where you feel things are even.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're (again) missing the point, hondo. I'm saying all religions have had nutjobs commit crimes in the name of them. That doesn't mean the religion itself is based on death and killing non-believers.

3. KG

KG Active Member

No matter what the doll says, it's really creepy the way it moves its head.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hondo doesn't miss the point. He conveniently ignores it, if it doesn't jive with his belief system.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I never said any religion was based on death and kill non-believers. In every extreme you want to cite (Holocaust, Inquisition, Islamic terrorism), the acts were committed by a very few who perverted their religion. But I'm getting a bit weary of people who want to rationalize or excuse Islamic terrorism because terrible, heinous things happened years, decades and centuries ago.
    Nobody should get a pass on killing in the name of religion because it happened before. The madness has to stop sometime.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Agreed.
    I am sick of WHAT ABOUT THE CRUSADES?
    Well, what about it? Is it happening now?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Give me some time, Hondo. I have to go over to Bosnia and Kosovo so I can count the Muslim graves of those killed by Eastern Orthodox Serbs and Catholic Croats in the former Yugoslavia because of their religion in the last 15 years.

I don't know how long it will take to count 100,000-300,000 graves, but I'll give you a full report when I'm done.

8. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Bubbler, while you're at it, see if you can find video of Eastern Orthodox Serbs and Catholic Croats, who had nothing to do with those deaths, celebrating those deaths in the streets. See if you can find pictures of German citizens running through the streets burning symbols of Judaism and cheering on the death camps in the 1940s. See if you can find any evidence in history books of folks at the time of the Crusades slapping high-fives in the streets.

Then go to YouTube and type in "Muslims celebrating 9-11" and see if you find anything.

The difference between all this, and I'll be the last to carry the torch for Christianity, is in the Western world, we try to hold the bad guys accountable, whether it's someone killing millions like the Nazis, or one isolated nutjob blowing up abortion clinics.

9. Bubbler

You're first ballot in the Specious Argument Hall Of Fame. Congrats.

But I'll play along. Here's Christian anti-Kosovar (Kosovars, I'm sure you know, are predominantly Muslim) rioting in Belgrade. Rioting in which the American and British embassies were set alight, I should add.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-517414/Americas-fury-US-UK-embassies-torched-night-anti-Kosovo-riots-Serbia.html

How far back in ancient history is this? Try February 2008.

Here's some pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like Christians know how to burn an American flag and support hatred of another religion when it suits their purposes too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

So protesting = celebrating?

11. Bubbler

If you know anything about that region, Goldeaston, what they're protesting is the presence of any Kosovars (read: Muslims) in their fantasy-world of a purely Serb (read: Christian) Kosovo.

It was a riot that was fueled by nationalism that has religious connotations and roots. If you told that crowd that the president of Kosovo had been shot, they would have been frothing at the mouth in celebration.

You make yourself look stupid when you ignore that basic fact.

12. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

I see your point, but I don't think it's the same. Agree to disagree.

Draft saved Draft deleted