1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS Coming To A City Near You

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, just parenting hours.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

On which thread did I "debate" an issue by typing the same lazy response repeatedly?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Baby is taking her morning nap. I have time to call out phonies for a while.

old_tony likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to get back here to helping combat veterans fight for their back pay. Obviously you are also pitching in to the effort by making snide comments about liberals on the Internet. Proud to be in the trenches with you, no doubt.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Gonna take a nap of my own and let you get back to work.

old_tony likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Almost 60 percent of all American combat casualties in the war on terror took place in Iraq between 2003 and 2007. What "political correctness" should we have forsaken to avoid those? And, are we arguing that the 2010 "surge" in Afghanistan was hampered by that same "political correctness?"

I just want to know what the score is.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was referencing the part about "adding nothing of substance."

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Let's face it, unless you're willing to say, "The crusade is on you fucking towel heads!" you're pretty much a politically correct sissy.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stringing for a lawyer. Snap!

Stringing for a lawyer < coffee machine repairman.

But both are still > art gallery schmuck (so they have that going for them)

JackReacher likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Do you think terrorists really care when world leaders "condemn" atrocities or are referred to as savages?

Is one going to stop and think, "I'm not a savage" and start to cry and lay down his arms?

11. Mr. Sunshine

For all the talk of how Bush was a "cowboy," his administration was acutely aware of how the war "played" in the media. You can't expect to adequately prosecute a war against an unrepentant enemy while worrying about public relations and marketing (the Mission Accomplished nonsense being the most egregious example).

12. Mr. Sunshine

Not agreeing with what I say is not the same thing as what I say lacking substance. Your posts rarely lack substance, but neither do they make a whole lot of sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted