1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Washington, Grey's Anatomy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think the earliest I heard about this was before any of the stuff you're talking about. It was an item about Dempsey and Washington having to be separated during a cast reading when Washington made a disparaging remark about Knight.

From our old friends at Wikipedia:

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Right. And that was supposedly smoothed over, handled "internally." Then he said it again at the Golden Globes, which is what spup was referencing.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, I knew about the early stuff, too. I think he was reacting to what the media was already talking about by saying it again. It just bothers me that it's such a slow news cycle these days that THIS is what is constantly hitting the headlines.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The look on his face said he was trying to be joking, and defuse the situation by throwing the word out there.

I'm pretty sure he's shocked by the response.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's exactly what I read into it Piotr. I was shocked to see all the shit he's gotten from it. I figured everyone had made amends after the first alleged incident.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Maybe if Katherine Heigl hadn't made a thing about it after the awards ceremony, it might have died down.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, when Ellen calls upon you to witness, my brother... ;)

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

If you watched the SAG Awards last night, the actress who plays the nazi won for outstanding actress in a drama. During her acceptance, she said she owed it all to, "those 10 people sitting at the table and the one in sensitivity training."

Hilarious.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

By the way, Ms. Heigl tonight (yum):

[​IMG]

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm in the boat that associates the real media attention with the character. I find myself watching scenes where Burke is mentoring George and wondering how strained that must've been. Don't know that it is, but I can't imagine it's real easy for either.

11. Speaking of character association, did anyone see Ellen Pompeo get Punk'd a year back? She's got the thickest Brooklyn accent you'd ever heard ... talking about how she was going to carve up the waitress/actress who was hitting on her older looking fiance ... much different from the character she plays on tv ... I'm sort of surprised that never backfired on her just a little bit. It ruined the show for me a little.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted