1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Washington, Grey's Anatomy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If you don't have a TV, how do you watch them through Netflix?
    Or am I exposing myself as an no-clue old guy?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I almost did an outing alert for you to be JDV. Then I realized just how mean that would be and how nice you are. You're so much better than that.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Common question when I mention this. I have a tv, I just don't have cable. Didn't want to pay for it at first, now I just don't miss it. This mountainous living I'm doing, though, doesn't make it possible to pick up the broadcast stations with rabbit ears.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just figured you watched it on your computer.

5. Clever username

Thank you for not doing that. That surely would've inspired a sportschick/IJAG-type dead to me response.

6. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Oh man!

Hey CU, how about I put what little nuts you have left in a small little safe deposit box for Spup to hold for you since you seem to be jonesing after chicks who will never give you any play anyway.

You are so on the string for them - I will just call you marionette boy.

I want vomit now

ZERO SACK!

7. Clever username

So I'm a puppet because I'm not widely despised? Interesting.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I know what you two are saying, and I'm as big on "suspension of disbelief" as anyone when it comes to TV.

But lately, I'm having a hard time reconciling Burke the character against what's coming out about Washington the person.

9. Clever username

I can't recall ever seeing Washington, the actor, in anything else, so I can definitely see how that would be an issue. They're one and the same if you can't disassociate the actor from the role. I'll still watch Season 3 when I can, but I'm sure I'll feel the same way, Shottie.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I can't really disassociate the role, either.

Here's my thing about what he said at the Golden Globes. Why haven't we ever heard what question was actually asked by the reporter? I know the looks on the faces of his castmates have shown that the reporter obviously didn't use the word faggot, but I feel like we're being slighted a bit. I feel like he was defending what has been in the media regarding this issue and not his personal feelings. I think he's going to counseling just to help his image with his castmates and with the public, but I can't completely believe what he said at the Golden Globes was wrong.

I know some will take that out of context and say I'm homophobic or something else, and I'm not. I'm just asking why it's still an issue. What ethical reporter would ask that question after a show won an award? It just caused a lot of controversy and pain for everyone involved except the reporter. I can't help but put some blame on that person. I think Washington was defending himself.

End of rant. Sorry guys.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I know what you mean. The guy's probably one of my top-five TV characters right now. In my opinion, Burke carries that show. His storylines are always real and meaningful. Half the shit with the other characters is silly fluff and most of them remain two-dimensional because of that. Not him, though.

If they write him out, I'll probably be done with the show. But if he doesn't stop doing and saying dumb shit, his character is gonna lose believability ... and I'll probably be done with the show.

12. Clever username

Seems to me the whole uproar is that he actually said the word again. I think he said, "I never called him a faggot." If he had just said, "I never called him that," even if it was a lie, people would know what "that" was and it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted