1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas is great

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The new headline is too subjective.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe Salley is blocking the 1995-96 season, when he barely left the bench, from his memory. Even then, he was teammates with Shaq and Kobe for a season and I don't think it's even debatable that both of them are far better than Thomas.

I have no problem with someone saying that Jordan isn't the best of all-time. If someone wants to say it was Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or even Magic or Bird, that would be their opinion...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tom Boerwinkle

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Late-breaking update: John Salley is still an idiot.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, to be accurate, he was very briefly on the same team as Jordan, by to say he "played with" him might be a stretch.

Salley was on the Bulls for less than half of a season in which he was twelfth man who barely ever got off the bench (he only appeared in 17 games in a Bulls uniform). I find it quite understandable if Salley was not counting his Bulls experience here.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

John Salley was on a show called The Best Damn Sports Show Period, with Chris Rose AND Tom Arnold.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Either way, I stand with da man.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I liked him.

Draft saved Draft deleted