1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas hospitalized after overdose

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

As somebody who is a parent and family person and tries to listen when I go to church, I think some sympathy is in order.

As a sports follower who has watched Isiah, I keep thinking of the next sick and insensitive joke or one-liner. I wouldn't wish this on his family, but the idea of trying to shift the blame to his daughter is outrageous. Isiah can't do anything right.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Isiah could fuck up a one car funeral.

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Isiah brings a lot of this on himself, it seems.
    It's horrible that he's in this bizarre situation, but these types of circumstances seem to follow him.
    I hope he's not suicidal or in great personal pain, but in my opinion there's no way he's an innocent victim here, either.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The police chief is learning what it was like to cover Isiah and, by extension, MSG and the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/10/25/2008-10-25_police_chief_blasts_isiah_thomas_for_cov.html

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Isiah's pretty pathetic, but the police chief ought to stop talking now. His department's involvement in this whole thing is over. There's no need for him to give his analysis of Isiah's comments.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If Isiah were to off himself, in the suicide note he'd deny doing so.

7. Boom_70

Isiah has issued a statement that basically says that if he were white the police dept would not be contradicting his story.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

[​IMG]

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Vaccaro hits it head on, of course.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10262008/news/columnists/new_low_for_a_pathetic_figure_135405.htm

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

One of Bob Knight's biggest failures.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Another of the classic "How can you take sides?" cases.

12. Boom_70

Yup Vac nails it as usual . Thomas may be the most unsympathetic figure to hit the NY Sports world and perhaps the nation.

Draft saved Draft deleted