1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas gets to restart his coaching career in college

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, what's the over/under on the NCAA kissing Isiah's ass and putting Cleveland State on probation? Two years?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't actually think that this is a bad move. He's what, 48-50 years old? He obviously can't go back to coaching in the NBA or being a GM. The league office won't have him because of the lawsuit. He's not going to be a scout and he wasn't good enough on TV to go back to that nationally. You have to assume that he's pretty well off, but who knows what he has saved.

Now he gets to stay in the game, live in a pretty fun and talent rich city and maybe build a good program. He certainly has charisma and probably will recruit well. He gets to do this outside of any real major media scrutiny which would be associated with a big conference or a media market which cares about college hoops. If he ends up liking it and doing well, he can step up to a bigger school.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't college basketball coaches have to be college graduates?

4. Webster

He got his diploma in the late '80s, didn't he?

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There's where your whole premise falls apart.

6. Webster

He's no great coach, but he's not awful. He did make the playoffs with the Pacers all 3 years he was there.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I sooo wanted Donald Sterling to hire his punk ass.

Those two were made for each other! Made, I tell you!

8. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

The La Crosse Catbird franchise, former CBA champs, is rolling in its grave.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

wonder if Isiah will call someone in the basketball office a "sunt."

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

Amen. I predict a Josh White triple-double to welcome Isiah to the Superest of Pits, then an old-fashioned, Caddo Parish forearm from Eric Tramiel.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Zeke is a joke to the sports world but to a lot of the single parents and their homes he's going to walk into trying to woo their sons into playing for his program, they aren't that hip to the media's sensationalized track many in here are chiming in on. So I seriously doubt his reputation is going hang over his head as much as many of you claim.

Funny, I read this article on Zeke's future months back, and it came into fruition.

I see this working for him.

http://www.talkingpointfreesports.com/article.aspx?a=100890&T=Isiah%27s+Future

12. -Scoop-

-Scoop- Member

No kidding. I was praying for days for this match to happen.

Anyway, Zeke is an alright coach. Now, if he was named AD, that'd be a whole other pickle altogether ...

Draft saved Draft deleted