1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas gets contract extention......what?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 13, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Isiah is merely doing what Larry Brown could have done a year ago if he hadn't focused so much attention on getting Isiah canned instead of actually, you know, coaching the team. Say what you want about Isiah, but he's accentuated what his players can do instead of crying to the press about what they can't, the way Brown did. Zeke has done a decent job that looks even better because Brown did such a shitty one. Larry got Isiah this extension by making him look good by comparison.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Thus, the once-proud New York Knicks slide further into NBA irrelevancy.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Honestly? Me. The day Thomas was hired. I'd rather have Stirling or Bianchi too, believe it ot not. It's amazing as a Knick fan (in theory, at least), Dolan has his chice of just about anyone in the world to run his team, and his enthusiastic first choice is my absolute last. I can't think of another professional basketball person who I wouldn't trade Tsaiah in for in a heartbeat.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That should teach women employees at MSG that they should keep their complaints to themselves.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He's not a great coach -- how many times can one team isolate Jamal Crawford in a one possession situation -- but as someone who watches a majority of Knicks games, I think that he does a pretty good job. It's hard to separate Zeke the chef from Zeke the grocery chooser (to use the Parcells analogy), but I really don't think that he's done a bad job with this talent.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

The extension was guaranteed when they had one more win than last year's debacle. A reward for proving a point, so to speak, with practically the same roster as last year.

However, I think in the long run, Brown's point ultimately will be proven. This roster is no closer to being championship-caliber, even if they do make the playoffs.

Though I still don't understand the Ariza-Francis deal.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Simple. Thomas is a lousy GM.
    He's not a terrible coach, and keeping him in that capacity isn't such a bad idea. But they need a new GM.

Draft saved Draft deleted