1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isiah Thomas gets contract extention......what?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2795257

Sorry if this is a DB. Yeah, they're 8th in the east right now, but a multiyear contract extension for getting your team 5 games under .500?

2. Further proof that the dumbest man in MSG is not Zeke, but James Dolan.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

a.k.a. Dumb and Dumber

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Says the guy touting Kobe as MVP.

Why, without Isiah, the Knicks would be like 30 games under .500!!! He deserves this!!!!

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I had the same reaction when I read it earlier today (and posted it in in the NBA thread ;))

They're in eighth with more six mores right now than they had all last season. But then I think the East is worse than it was a season ago.

Not to mention Zeke's part in the brawl and the fact he's kept the Knicks over the cap.

None of it makes sense to me.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mr. Dolan likes the heart the Knicks are showing under Zeke.
    Mr. Dolan likes the direction Zeke is taking the franchise.
    Mr. Dolan likes the development of the young players under Zeke
    Mr. Dolan thinks the franchise is in much better shape than when Zeke took over as GM in 2003.

Mr. Dolan has no fucking clue.

7. Who would have thought Knicks fans would pine for the days of Dave Checketts and Scott Layden.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I will say this. I think having the Knicks in the playoffs(no matter how their record looks) would be great for them because it'll create some buzz down at MSG. Who knows, with those eastern conference teams, they could get to the 2nd round(if they don't end up playing Detroit).
    Having said that, why is Thomas still coaching?

P.S. Whatever happened to that sexual harrassment lawsuit?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

What's the one common link in these eras?

Dumbass Jimmy Dolan, a drunkard and cokehead who sings in a blues band despite being the founding member and president of the Lucky Sperm Club. (Jeff Wilpon is VP)

10. This thread badly needs Starman's presence. Can someone break out the Larry BrownBatlight?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I predicted (somebody can go look it up somewhere if they actually care enough, which I don't) that the Knicks would be improved this season, in fact I believe I used the exact phrase "they will win about 35 games," for one very very very simple reason:

Unlike Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas (who is a mediocre coach as well as a world-class Millen-level disaster as a GM) is not intentionally tanking games in order to make the ownership and players look bad.

12. Zeke has failed in every post-retirement venture, yet has managed to fail upward. At this rate, he'll take over for David Stern and watch as the NHL overtakes the NBA in popularity.

But as horrible a GM as he is, Zeke is a fine evaluator of young talent. I think he'd make a damned fine scout.

Draft saved Draft deleted