1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah to coach Knicks. Adios Larry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 22, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

This ain't exactly big news.
    The decision was made weeks ago. It's been written virtually every day since the end of the season that the only question was when and how they would pull the plug on Brown, if they would have to eat the whole $40 mill or if they could get him to take a buy out for $20-25 mill.
    This is just the final chapter of the on-going Brown-Isiah soap opera. And now the Knicks will suck worse than ever for as long as Isiah is around.

2. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

How is it that Isaiah has this svengali-like control over James Dolan? This team hasn't taken anything even remotely resembling a step forward since he took over.

Isaiah must be one convincing guy. Maybe he should start a cult or something.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'll predict 30. And the Knicks will think things are heading in the right direction and give Isaiah (and Stefon) a fat contract extension.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't believe this. I mean, I can but I can't.

Seriously, I would have hired John Starks or anyone like that before Isaiah got another chance. He's already done his part to destroy the franchise. Might as well go all the way with it.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

That's the way I'm leaning. Early success, an SI cover detailing how Isiah turned the team around (with some not-so-subtle digs ar Larry), followed by a total collapse after the all-star break.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

This will be fun to watch. I say 20 wins.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It will be fun to hear the Lupy spin on his beloved friend Larry.

Guess Red Holtzman legacy is safe for now .

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, Larry DID want that job... and he found out that sometimes it's not best to give something good up to chase your dreams elsewhere.

Hey, at least now he can go to Golden State.
    And Portland.
    And Charlotte.
    And New Orleans.
    And Utah.
    And... ;D

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. The Knicks will be 7-8 games better just on effort alone. Then Dolan will totally misread the situation and start thinking Isiah's a genius again, at which point Zeke will make half a dozen bad trades and they'll be back to square one.

By the way, what happened to the sexual harrassment suit? Did the Garden just vaporize Anucha Browne Sanders?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This is great news for us Bulls fans. Now they have an even better shot at nabbing Greg Oden next year.

Thanks, Isiah!

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No way they win 30. They'll be sweating to break 20. I'll be charitable and say 22-60.

And with 10 games left in the season, Isaiah will decide to come out of retirement and become a player coach, so they can deploy the triple threat backcourt of Starbury, Stevie Franchise and Zeke.

Sorry, Knickfans---the road ahead looks long and brutal

Draft saved Draft deleted