1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Tom Cruise back?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are worse than I am. People know up front where they are with me in any thread.

You.... a pathetic shape-shifter, who rarely adds any meat to any conversation (i.e. starting threads, coming up with original thought).

Just a chimer, and intellectually dishonest enough of the time to be utterly verminous.

You would have been better off, as usual, keeping your mouth shut on this thread.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Muted colors, muted sound, typical outrageous Hollywood scenarios.... bleh.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Whatever you say, Simon. I've passed the point of interest. Please resume your role as message board enforcer.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Thank God.

But, hearkening to my description of your board dishonesty, we KNOW that isn't true.

5. That's what I figured.
    Didn't seem to be your kind of director, based on what you've posted here.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Maybe I'll be proven to be incredibly wrong, but I don't think of Valkyrie as an action film or a "war movie." I'm betting every explosion or gunshot in it is in the trailer. I'm hoping the rest of it will be a suspense/thriller.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Yep.

Not seeing the deeper profundity that is Michael Mann.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Role Models was fantastic. Funniest movie I've seen in a good while.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No doubt he is a good actor, but he is still a douche bag for all the stuff he was saying about depression not being real and all that. Tell that to anyone who suffers from it you arrogant prick.

10. I agree he can pretty much define "portentious," but I thought Collateral was the classic thriller-with-a-brain, and I thought The Insider was a brilliant piece of work, especially on the issues of the ethics of our profession. There are moments in Ali and Heat that I really love -- especially the opening Sam Cooke segment in the former.
    But I can see where some folks might disagree.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love Michael Mann, he is probably my favorite director. I have yet to see a film he has done that I didn't like.

Oh and Minority Report was a piece of shit.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hitchcock apparently sucked. And what kind of gymnasts would be getting jiggy in a Miata.

Draft saved Draft deleted