1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is today (the day after the All-Star Game) the slowest sports day of the year?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 16, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Then you're SOL I guess. British Open golf and U.S. Open tennis previews.
    It is pretty slow today. It seems like good of day as any to find an extreme sport to order an intern to cover.
    I think I covered a wakeboarding event one year around this time.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Or you can do what a lot of places do and roll out your all-area teams either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Or both. Can't do that in the summer, unless you're holding on to them for way too long.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Re: Is today (the day after the All-Star Game) the slowest sports day of the yea

Haven't read the whole thread, but there are two days of the calendar year when there are no NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB games. Those days are the day before and day after MLB all-star game.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts ago.

Get your AP features ready.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Minor league All Star games? I know the Eastern League played tonight. Previews for your teams second half? And not that anybody cares, but there is an American in third place in the Tour de France, just 38 seconds off the lead and we are halfway through. Two doping arrests as well. (desperate times call for desperate measures)

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I had a summer swim meet tonight. woot.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Thank God for Josh Hamilton. That's what I had to run.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

who's that? does he play baseball or something?

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

It's not a slow day at ESPN, where they are blowing money on this greatest sports city bullshit and sucking Brett Favre's farts at the ESPYs. Wait. That last fart belonged to Greta Van Sustren.

Draft saved Draft deleted