1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is today some sort of, you know, anniversary?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's not a party with mwm and StanBelindaCarlisle.

I can't believe it's been 10 years. Signed in and never signed out.

Love love love you guys.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Count me as another one who signed up and never signed out. I registered for this sandbox 10 years ago today after getting an email from StanBelindaCarlisle that it was up and going. Stan, who I run into once in a while on the job, is still alive and pitching and gets all the blame for my inability to stay out of rassling threads and continuing to argue that Rush - and KISS - belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My personal 10 year anniversary is November 14. I was on the old board, but just as an occasional lurker. Then when I signed up here, I don't think I posted more than a handful of times for a few years, even though I lurked a ton. Man did things change. The friend who got me here (out of the business, just as I am only tangentially in the business) is no longer around. It's too bad. Been some interesting people -- good and bad -- through here over 10 years. Some still around. And there has been some really fun discourse. At times, this site has been a testament to what you get when you put together a bunch of really smart, opinionated and literate (key) people. It's really unique, in that regard.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hip flexor injury?

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He is still trying to finish inspecting the bad door.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

By the way, yesterday was also John Lennon's birthday.

As for the SportsJournalists.com 10-year mark, I will celebrate at some point this weekend with a drunken thread.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I say (with Moddy's permission, of course) that for this joyous occasion, we should be allowed to have a drunk thread. This weekend.

Make it a 4-day a year tradition.

Starting at Midnight EST Friday Morning, and locked (but not deleted, so we can go back and chortle now and then.) at Midnight Monday Morning.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I second that emotion.
    Any discussion before we put this to a vote?

9. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I stumbled in here sometime around 2005 for the first time, when I was a newbie reporter looking for easy ways to keep football pxp while shooting photos. At least three handles later, I'm mostly a lurker, but man, I love this place.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thirded.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to break out my box of wine and rubber hose.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Who do we nominate to insert it?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I get the keys for the weekend.

Nothing but cheese crackers, politics, and The Kinks on spaceman's boombox.

But you can't come in unless you give the password.

Draft saved Draft deleted