1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is time travel possible?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Is time travel possible?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  3. Maybe

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Put some Jiffy-Pop in a microwave and cook it in proximity to a supernova.

Just try not to do your grandma when you get there.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I love lamp.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Can I bet on the Marlins making a huge turnaround while switching to the American League, then winning the pennant in 2015 only to fall short against the Cubs?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

If a certain poster were to travel back in time, would he be able to go fuck himself?

Someone should post a poll on that.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UFO! UFO!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I haven't read two articles posted above. However, I did see a program breaking down the science necessary to do the things that occur in the Star Trek movies. In it, they talked to a physicist who said that if we manage to create a vehicle that can achieve warp speed, it is possible. While you're traveling at the speed of light, he said, time actually slows down. Let's say you take a round trip at the speed of light (somewhat faster than 88 mph). Time slows down for you, while on Earth it continues at normal speed. So when you get back, time would have accelerated exponentially. In your own time you might have been gone one day, but something like 20 years would have passed on Earth.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hope if it is possible, someone goes back in time and neuters the OP's father before he ever meets his future wife.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If we go back in time and steal his computer to prevent him from posting stupid things, will it make the world better? Or would it have a ripple effect that changes the entire world, like if you kill Hitler as a baby?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It would only change it for the better.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You guys are all lucky no kid has jumped out into the middle of the road while you guys are joyfully nearing warp speed. I wonder if you would laugh about that, as well, after you traveled back in time.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You assumed a husband-wife thing? I thought it was a brother-sister thing. That can be the only explanation.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hang on a minute and I'll tell you. Wait, I already did.

Draft saved Draft deleted