1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, May 26, 2007.

1. donaugust

donaugust Member

And it warrants a call from YOUR SE to their SE. It's not advisable to go calling other sports editors on stuff like that.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I just find this whole thread weird.
    I'm confused... and interested only in the way someone slows down and looks at an accident on the interstate. Baffling.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you may be shocked, but this is a kinder, gentler tomas, flash. shit, just the other day slappy asked me if i had found jebus. i told him i didn't even know who jebus was.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I am shocked. Here's one for you ... I don't drink much anymore. Just wine with dinner. But I'm still a jackass.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i never would have believed it if not for the ode to jVD in your sig.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Last time some other reporter showed up six games into a three-day high school volleyball tournament I called his SE and told him about it.

Then, because I didn't like the way he was looking at some of the girls, I called his wife and told her about it.

Then, I went to his house and kicked his dog.

Then, I went to his grandmother's grave, dug it up and pissed on her bones.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

showed that sonsabitch. damn tootin'.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You ain't just a foolin'

Writers who don't understand (or even try to, for that matter) the subtle ebb and flow of a volleyball match piss me off almost as much as folks who start a bogus thread just to get a rise out of other posters.

Or, maybe I'm mistaken. I have a bad habit of over estimating the motives and intelligence of my fellow man. Maybe it's for real and Rhody is that stupid.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

some people just don't have a sense of humor. some people are vindictive and angry. some people are both.

Draft saved Draft deleted