1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this worse than snakes on a plane?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Mar 26, 2007.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

The last paragraph was special for me. 85 patients arriving en masse would overwhelm most emergency departments, but at least the airport had one EMS team to meet the plane.

Plane carrying 85 sick passengers arrives in Newark from Hong Kong

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A plane traveling from Hong Kong carrying passengers complaining of flu-like symptoms arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport on Monday afternoon, according to a spokesman for the University Hospital at Newark.

"It is believed that the ill passengers were part of a group of more than 80 tourists who sailed together on a river cruise in Asia," Continental Airlines spokesman David Messing told CNN.

The group's final travel destination was Montreal, Canada, according to Continental.

They were among 272 passengers on the plane, it said.

The crew of Continental Flight 98 notified the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) after take-off from Hong Kong when "several passengers appeared ill," according to Continental. A representative of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention met the plane upon its arrival at Newark, it said.

Hospital spokesman Rogers Ramsey said an EMS team was on site but would not say whether the passengers were being treated aboard the plane.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

From someone deathly afraid of snakes, no this is not worse. Maybe worse than having to watch the movie, maybe, but not worse than actually having to put up with poisonous snakes on a plane.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

just hurry and refuel without letting anyone off the plane, send them on their way to Canada and let them worry about SARS. :D

Those ~190 co-passengers have got to be a little paranoid right now.

4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

5. boots

boots New Member

Can you say Germ Warfare?

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Can you say Confucius' revenge?

7. boots

boots New Member

Can you say, "Pass me a handiwipe?"

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's odd. Jim never has a second cup of coffee at home.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They ate the fish!

[​IMG]

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

We got muthafucking flu-like symptoms on a plane!!!!

Not quite the same ring.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's odd. Jim never vomits at home.

12. boots

boots New Member

Well slap my ass and call me boots.

Draft saved Draft deleted