1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this why Sean Salisbury was off the air for a while?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Dec 27, 2006.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He works for a network where a guy once told a woman he wanted to bend her over his desk and fuck her...a network that continues to employ Michael Irvin even after a crack pipe was found on his posession. What do you expect? If you're a golden boy there, it's all good.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll never understand what the allure is.

"Hey baby let me show you how to hold a clipboard. Ohhh yeah that's it, right there, right over your bosom. That's right. Now position the hat just like this. Here let me help you..."

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I thought there was an explanation for the Salisbury absence, though.

I don't remember what it was, probably because I was just glad he was gone.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

That's a bush league move by Freeman to put this out there without naming a name. He says "true story" - okay, then tell the whole story. It's not fair to throw everyone at ESPN under suspicion if you supposedly know this is true. Why shouldn't someone who did this be held accountable for their actions, especially if they're in a commentator role where they likely will be calling out others on character concerns? Sounds to me like Mike doesn't quite have the full goods for his "true story".

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, he never mentioned ESPN in the story. The guy could be at Fox, CBS, NBC, the NFL Network or HBO for all we know.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Upon a rereading, you are correct. Because of the thread title, I already had ESPN on the brain when I clicked the link. But it still puts a range of NFL analysts under suspicion and opens them up to an unfair guessing game. If Mike knows this is a "true story", why can't he tell the whole story?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

because mike's always been a tabloid-like gossip monger at heart, dating back to when he was getting over at the ny times.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Freeman isn't offensive because of his resume nonsense; he's offensive because he isn't a particularly good journalist.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Poor journalism at its finest, good job smut reporter Freeman.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Since I started this post .. to be fair to Salisbury, I just remembered that Bill Maas was off of Fox games for a while as well. Of course, I figured it was because he sucked.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Most cell phones screens are small, right? So how is showing women a tiny photo of a phallus supposed to work in your favor?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you bet antihypocrite alert would chime in within three posts of this post...YOU LOSE!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted