1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this the image of McCain the NY Post wants on its website?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 93Devil, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I recall that as well. I thought McCain was trying to come around the table to shake Schieffer's hand, but as he headed one way around the table, Schieffer started moving the other way toward McCain. When McCain noticed that they were essentially circling away from each other rather than coming together, he made that face. I thought it was a nice human moment.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That actually is pretty awesome...whoever made that did a good job finding a BO pic with an expression matching Steve Carell's.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mad Magazine

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And did you read the headline? "McCain gets last licks."

This is very Postish. I don't understand your confusion.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It's very real. What's amazing about that picture is it's like the famous picture of Clay pumping his fist over Liston. Clay never really did that. It was a split second reaction and it was captured in a single frame.

I saw this happen at the end of the debate. Bob Schieffer stood up to shake hands with the candidates and there was an awkward moment where Schieffer went one way and McCain went the other. Then they both went the other direction. McCain reacted just as anyone else would: he made a little face and laughed at it. That was the moment that was captured. It's a hilarious picture and, strangely summed up what's been happening to McCain over the last few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted