1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this the GOAT sports feature?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Carlkolchak, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Is this the GOAT sports feature?

[narrator] It isn't.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, well, it's not like he's emailing every sports editor in the country and starting with an insult about their employment status [/crossthread]

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’ve read through this a few times and I don’t find any instance in which Mr. McEnroe mentions a goat.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Someone's doing wonders for his SEO backlinks today, I see.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

This isn't a feature. It's a Q&A. You want to do a feature, use these quotes to tell a good story. Coming up with boilerplate questions is easy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Gotta love those endorsement quotes by readers and the likes of Polamalu, Evert, Foreman, Williams and Mal Whitfield calling these Biofiles gold for young readers. Gets no better than that right there. To call the published interview of a pro athlete "gold" is worth more than just about any award.

7. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

It's a feature. Don't bother to try to put creativity into your box. Dare to be creative.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. Sounds like jocksniffing to me.

9. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

And people wonder why newspaper sports sections are dying. There is no creativity in there. With TV coverage and phone updates there's not much reason to read a paper. Newspapers need to come up with more creative unique content like this Biofile feature. Game cliches get mighty boring after a while.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

'They need advertisers too. Maybe you should buy an ad next time instead of using this forum for free?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This is definitely performance art. He’s fucking with us.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's enough art for one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.