1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this the end for Ed Hochuli?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Referee Ed Hochuli was at the center of another questionable call Sunday, flagging Julius Peppers for a roughing-the-passer penalty that wiped out Carolina’s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter against Atlanta.
    After Matt Ryan’s pass was intercepted by Richard Marshall, Hochuli threw a flag and announced Peppers made a helmet-to-helmet hit on Ryan. It erased the touchdown and gave the Falcons a first down on a drive that ended with a punt.
    Replays showed Peppers made contact as Ryan released the ball, and appeared to hit him first with his shoulder.
    Fans booed loudly when the play was shown on the video boards at Bank of America Stadium.
    Just two weeks ago, Hochuli’s missed call helped Denver’s comeback 39-38 win over San Diego.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My analysis: I have no idea what Drip's opinion is on this, AND he didn't even bother to credit AP for his blatant c&p.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Only in Charlotte.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In five years, this will be part of the origin story for the supervillain known simply as "The Ref".

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, I should have given credit to AP. 1,0000 and one pardons for such a sin. Thank you for being kind of enough to point out the error.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I think it was pretty obvious it was from the AP.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Is this the end for Drip? :)

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah, me and Ed are riding off into the sunset. lol

9. jps

jps Active Member

ijag ... the drip stopper.

[​IMG]

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's a fucking outstanding pull.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

N.C...... not only does it stand for North Carolina. It also stands for No Comment. But I loved the post. SLOL

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still waiting for Drip's "analysis." What do you think, Drip? Is it the end for Ed Hochuli?

Draft saved Draft deleted