1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this really news? Girlfriend of Giants' beating suspect arrested?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jul 14, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The girlfriend of one of the suspects in the beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow was arrested for trafficking and possessing meth, espn is reporting.

Is this relevant to anything? She is not a suspect in the Stow case, she's just the girlfriend of the suspect.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/6769280/girlfriend-suspect-san-francisco-giants-fan-bryan-stow-beating-jailed

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: Is this really news?

Unless he's totally innocent, why is she dating this asshole who put another man in a coma for no apparent reason?

She's guilty by association, and if she knew anything about the beating, she should be arrested for covering it up.

Yeah, it's news.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Baron, there are legitimate doubts about his involvement -- he has taken two lie-detector tests (haven't seen the results), he says he has an abili (OK it's his daughter so who knows), and he still hasn't been charged with anything. Now, he's a bad guy and the whole thing got his ass sent back to prison for 10 months for an unrelated parole violation, but his guilt here isn't a slam-dunk at all.

But to the question at hand ... very weak news at best. I suppose the intimation is that if he was the attacker then she was possibly the driver they've also been looking for, but that's a long leap.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It'd be news if anybody connected with the gangbanger Dodger fan base doesn't have a rap sheet.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's why I said unless he's innocent. And the way they've been investigating this case, the guy may be.

But she's still associating with him. Don't want your name in headlines? Don't associate with bad people.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't she the driver of the car they jumped in after beating Stow? If so, then it makes her an accomplice.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Anything to make these people's lives miserable is fine by me.

8. Chris17

Chris17 Member

It's mid-July. So yes, it's news.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Hear, hear!

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

This gets covered by ESPN, but Ben Roethlisberger being sued by a woman accusing him of sexual assault doesn't?

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Who said ESPN was about covering news?

Draft saved Draft deleted