1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this newspaper ad anti-Semitic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 16, 2007.

?

Well, is it?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2007.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. I'm not offended ... then again I'm not Jewish ... but it's really an unfortunate ad ... don't know if it's intentional or not but the star of David really is a topper. People who designed it really should have known better.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's not a fucking Star of David. It's meant to look like a sheriff's badge. Maybe the people who designed the ad didn't "know better" because they didn't realize the PC cops, Jewish or otherwise, were going to be going over it with a fine-toothed comb. Seriously, get a life.

3. Aren't we grumpy today ...

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As Shockey The Jew :) said, arguing about it is pointless.

The perception among a certain percentage of the general public is that it is or might be.

As an advertiser, you don't want to alientate that percentage.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Funny thing, I always get grumpy when dealing with stupid people who insist on acting as if they know what they're talking about.

6. That was random.

Heil, Hitler ... I mean Double J.

7. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

this jew wouldn't have thought anything of it if it wasn't pointed out to me. but then again i live in the south, where my people are thought to be a race, not a religious group. oh well.

and shockey, i like the nickname. mine in high school was 'Air Jew' because of my athletic ability.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're a scumbag. Die.

9. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted