1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this ironic? I can't remember

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I went to the store to pick up beer to help me forget about my utter failure today (see Woot thread).

As I was leaving the store, six Coronas and lime in hand, a Hispanic girl (or at least a girl I believe to be Hispanic) came walking in. She was short, thin, with dark hair, a T-shirt and pants.

The T-shirt said: "BLONDES - because they always get what they want" or something to that effect.

Is this irony? Or does she have to be a bleach blonde for it to truly be ironic?

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

possibly just stupidity

3. Maybe she prefers her women blonde?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Blonde Latinas just don't get it done for me.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I think the shirt has to read something like "I'm proof blondes aren't dumb" ... wait ... no ... I don't think there can be an ironic t-shirt for the occasion.

Irony would be ... hold on ... saying that blonde nurses carry red pens to draw blood while on the subway, then leaving an unfinished sudoku on the train and having it finished by a blonde nurse with a red pen. I think.

Fuck you, Alanis!

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

Blondes should get what they want. I'm surprised she's advertising for the competition.

Draft saved Draft deleted