1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this an arrestable offense?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 5, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0205091doll1.html

Yes, this guy is creepy looking and obviously has no life. But according to the police reports, he was fully clothed, in his car and fondling what amounts to a piece of plastic. Try not to laugh, but are there some constitutional issues here?

PS: Wouldn't this make a great Boston Legal episode ... with Denny as the perp.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Which part of the Constitution would come into play here?

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Just a wild guess here, but --

Don't you think someone who was grinding a blow-up in his car in a grocery store parking lot had getting caught as part of his fantasy?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay maybe that was over-stating it. But what exactly did the guy do that was illegal?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Every state has some kind of "disorderly conduct" statute that is sufficiently vague to cover this, and some actually spell out things like "engaging in lewd or dissolute conduct in any public place."

EDIT: In this case, it looks like they hit him with "trespassing and failing to leave the property on owner's request."

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Depends on the ages of the dolls.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Public stupidity? That's arrestable in my book. Plus, public weirdness....perhaps less arrestable..... I'm pretty sure that was lewd behavior, though.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Was he a teacher?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Poin didn't start the topic, so i don't think so ...

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't believe you can penetrate anything in public without penalty if you're caught. At least not with Mr. Winky.

11. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

I've seen people doing worse things than this on the subway. This morning.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did you get caught?

Draft saved Draft deleted