1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a record?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 6, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Of all the teams in the SEC, maybe college football, Arkansas is the toughest to figure. They got drilled by USC in the opener, but at least seem to be much better now, but are they really? Outside of Auburn, they don't have a quality win. They beat South Carolina, but it wasn't convincing. They seem to have trouble with a passing QB, but Ainge is expected to miss this Saturday.
    If Ainge was healthy, you'd have to think UT would drill them, but he isn't and the game is in Fayetteville. LSU has a good QB, who can pass, but that game is in Little Rock. A place where I think Nuttie is either undefeated in his career or with just one loss.
    The schedule and the situation is kind of lined for Arkansas to make a serious run, it just seems that it is all held together with duct tape.
    But like football_bat, outside of the Sugar Bowl, Arkansas will be in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl, even if the Hogs lose two of the next htree. And would get the loser of the Big 12 title game. I'd imagine the Dallas people have their fingers cross for a Texas loss

2. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Arkansas didn't have a healthy McFadden or Felix Jones against Southern Cal, and Robert Johnson started that game at QB. I don't think it would have made that much difference if the backs were healthy and Dick or Mustain played QB, but I doubt the final would have been 50-14.

For weeks we've all waited for Arkansas to look like the team that finished 4-7 last season, instead the Hogs have done everything necessary to stay undefeated in the SEC. I think the Hogs will lose one of their last three, but I doubt they'll lose two and open the door for Auburn to win the West.

Draft saved Draft deleted