1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a dickhead move?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just give him a Melvin.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I can't stand crap like that. In four years of college I had a different roommate or several different roommates each year, and it always pissed me off when the dishes weren't done or the television was left on. Drove me nuts! Has this guy always been this way since you guys moved in? If so, I don't know how you agreed to live together in the first place.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I haven't seen anyone ask the following question:

What do the other 2 roomies think, bucknut? If they're with you, this guy should be toast.
    If they're not, then you are the dickhead.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Not a bad question. You and your other two roommates should all come to a consensus and then speak to the one other roommate. If all else fails, start looking for another roommate.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think the other guy is a dick, but if your other two roommates aren't sympathetic you'll just have to grin and bear it or move out.

6. KG

KG Active Member

Get a heated mattress pad for your room. You'll never want to get out of bed in the winter.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Or, you could do this to him and see if he gets the hint:

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

http://www.metronews.ca/calgary/local/article/172649

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

In addition to that, they're galactically inefficient.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

for the love of tebow, you can't "wade" through a little more than 1 page of posts?

EDITED TO FIX MY TOTAL TEBOW FAILURE

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Our bedroom window is always open when we sleep, even when it's minus 20C so I understand where your roommate is coming from. We also keep the heat off in our bedroom.

I'm sure you can come up with some compromise solution, but deducting a "percentage" from the utilities bill ain't it because you can't quantify it.

However, I think the other stuff--leaving lights on and stuff in empty rooms---is just plain selfish and unnecessary. The window thing is a question of personal comfort. Maybe he should keep his door closed and ask him to close his window when he's not in his room.

If these are the only gripes you have about this guy, consider yourself lucky

Just out of curiosity, what kind of heat do you have? Forced air, electric, radiator?

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And what's the temp set at?

Draft saved Draft deleted