1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a dickhead move?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jan 26, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dick jokes, non sequiturs and, eventually, cat pictures?

Speaking for myself only, of course.

The rest of you are all solid.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Eat a bag, Zeke.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Back when I worked in a bar we just shortened it to EaBO'D'sMF.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

To whomever suggested just turning everything off, closing windows, etc. yourself, that's more trouble than it's worth.

When I returned home during the summers of my college years, I found my sister was always like that. She would leave towels stained, shit all over the sink, bedroom doors open, and all kinds of other shit that never flew when I lived there full-time.

I originally cleaned up after her to get the message across, but it didn't work. Then I started making a point by angrily shutting the doors, throwing towels into her bedroom and hiding the shit she left all over the sink.

Didn't matter. She just accepted it as part of the trouble rather than change her habits.

All you're going to end up doing is infuriating yourself.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Haven't waded through the post, but for every degree you raise or lower your thermostat, you pay or save one per cent more.

If you'd be comfy at 70 degrees and your roommate wants it at 72 with a window open, you're spending two per cent more in heating for no good fucking reason. You should be able to live comfortably at 68 degrees.

Hope that helps.

As for electricity (leaving lights on, etc.) I'm not sure. There's no real formula for that.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You have to compromise.
    If you don't want him opening his window, turn the heat down. You have a solution to you being cold that won't cost anyone money; he does not have that option if he's too warm.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or don't use the heat ... like me.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd get a space heater for your room and then considerably turn down the heat in the rest of the place.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Forget the space heater. Grab a sweatshirt. Or two.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Perhaps take a house vote and see which side has majority rule?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What if it's 2-2? Best out of five coin flips?

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, if it's 2-2, I don't think it's reasonable to charge the guy more or let him get away with it.

Perhaps a series of Madden 2009 games is in order. Winner gets his/her way.

Draft saved Draft deleted