1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this a dick move?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 17, 2009.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You can't stop them, but you can scare them off.

In my city, there's a 72-hour street parking limitation. After a car hasn't moved for 72 hours, you can submit the car's info to a station or online, at which time the parking enforcement people will head out and tag the cars. Another 72 hours and they're still in the same spot? Impounded.

Have neighbors (with their own parking lot, FWIW) who park on the street and leave their cars for a week-plus. Slowly but surely, they've "found" their parking spots in the lot.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Kentucky is very, very sticky about car registrations, as I recall. (I lived in Northern Kentucky for a while, and once had to shoo off a tow truck because of a sticker that was one month expired.) One of the reasons they're so sticky is because it's expensive to register a car there, compared to Ohio -- so expensive I actually considered using my Ohio work address to register my car. This was apparently fairly common practice until the city cops in Newport, Bellevue, Covington, et al, started cracking down hard.

Killick, it would be a dick move indeed, but I'm not sure that would stop me in your case.

Draft saved Draft deleted