1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there something wrong with this?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BRoth, Sep 15, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Don't have the money for it. Right now I'm on a family plan with the lady friend and her family. It really hasn't been a big deal.

2. My cellphone bill went up, my mileage went up ... but it's better. My sources like seeing me around. I actually have a few pet places I like to file from. You'll get used to it.

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

That's what I expect. I don't mind the extra mileage, even though we hardly get enough to cover much. It'll just be a matter of getting used to it.

4. Feel free to pm me if you got any questions ... do you get to take it home with you? That's a big plus ...

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Yeah, I take it back and forth from work with me. It certainly has meant I've done more work done at home. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure. I have enjoyed having that flexibility, though.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Get out there and keep looking for stories, as everyone else has said.

And if you're bored or don't have a story on your beat, look for enterprise stories. Find places to hang out and find good people stories, then pursue them.

Editors love enterprise gems. Readers, too. And that will earn you brownie points and more money down the line.

Draft saved Draft deleted