1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there one last great part for Gene Hackman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 21, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Funny that Pube mentioned Hackman and Michael Caine in the same post. They are both decent actors who never discriminated. They seemed to take on every script, whether or not it was crap or greatness. It's why each has been in some great films and each has been in some laughingly embarrassing movies. I think in his prime, Caine was good for three to six movies a year.

Does anyone else remember Caine's self-important "how to be an actor" videos from the 80s? It may have been one of the best pieces of unintentional comedy in history. Him pontificating for the camera. Perhaps Keanu Reeves got his start from watching?

Actually, just found them on YouTube:

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What a fool.

He's one of the top 10 actors alive today.

If you think it's debatable, well, no one has taken me up on buying that land 5 miles east of South Beach. Offer is still open.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you truly are a dumbass pube. the whole avatar, schtick, the whole bit. dumbass.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Taking into account how people would practically kill a family member before being on the same side of a discussion with me....

That said, I can't imagine that there are too many people here who agree with your denigration of Hackman.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that said, i can't imagine there are too many people here who would ever agree with ...

[​IMG]

cowbell, the whiney attention whore.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Is the waiting the hardest part?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your anger suggests you don't know the definition of the word hard.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

"A Time to Kill" was absolute dreck. Beyond the amazement at how much Ashley Judd's character can sweat, there's nothing to the movie. And still, it's better than "The Client." I should concede here that I haven't had it in me to see "The Rainmaker."

Hackman's got "Poseidon 3: Shelly Winters' Revenge" in preproduction.

9. Simon_Cowbell

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry (Bixby, 1982)

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

suck me dry (tom petty, 2007)

11. Simon_Cowbell

On second thought, YOU are allowed to think an 11-year-old is gorgeous.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

"A Bridge Too Far." ..... Caine and Hackman in the same movie! This is my thesis man!!! This is my closing argument!!! I CAN STOP WATCHING TV!!!!!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted