1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there now a trust gap with Peter King?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Don't they have the same agent?

Edit: They don't.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how much fun the preps beat would be if you start using anonymous sources talking dirt about coaches, players etc. ?

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Bread and circuses. There, don't you feel better?

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

As I've written before, there were accounts during the summer and/or right after the Rice 2-game suspension where NFL players were saying exactly what happened with Rice, as later proven by the video. So the NFL suits who say they didn't see, they didn't know are all lying now. And King is doing a CYA and someone else's too. But, from numerous reader comments on an article I read today critical of the Ravens' press conference yesterday, the NFL fanbase seems tired of the whole issue so the NFL is probably happy.

It's almost October Pink Cleats Month! Yea Women! The NFL: Brought to you every October by Pepto Bismol, when you just want to puke Pink!!

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/the-problem-with-peter-king-1638536051

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That was so good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Some great lines:
    "I hope you’re happy, Internet. You broke a good man. I can picture Peter shaking his head before closing up his MacBook Air and ordering another Shock Top from the Acela attendant."

And

" Tell your barista."

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know online comments can be terrible, and there are trolls all over the internet, and twitter in particular.

But, I also think these guys need to hear what some of their critics have to say. In the past, all these guys ever heard was how great they were.

Peter King is doing the same thing he's done for over 10 years. He thinks he's just being trolled when he gets made fun off for idiotic posts like this. The fact is, his posts were just as bad 10 years ago, he just didn't get as much negative feedback.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He never fooled they SJ crowd who have been on his case since the beginning

Draft saved Draft deleted