1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anybody see Mike Commodore's tweets directed at Mike Babcock Friday night? Holy cow, did he go off on Babcock,
    Mike Commodore ‏@commie22 Oct 9
    3-0 nothin Babs you posing arrogant piece of shit. Welcome back to the rink where everyone that met you hates you. [​IMG]

Mike Commodore (@commie22) | Twitter

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Wow. Is that a verified account?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Some mention of it here in Toronto after that game, apparently it is Commodore's account. Commodore has had beef with Babcock going back to Anaheim.

Mike Commodore rips Mike Babcock in angry Twitter rant

Did a story on Commodore during his brief stay with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL a couple of years ago. Great interview, interesting guy.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Pekka Rinne with the shutout has the Preds picking up where they, um, well...started last season, too.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I take back putting Winnipeg among my worst expected teams this year. Last year, I really thought their season was a fluke -- especially given the relatively few games I saw of them, in which they looked young and undisciplined. I saw their game last night against NY. They were more impressive than I thought. Same big, physical team. Had a good special teams game yesterday. Their back up goalie Hutchinson had a really strong game -- he faced a ton of shots and looked really solid. If they play like they did last night all season they will win quite a few games.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I bet against Carolina, Edmonton, and L.A. last night. Worked out rather well. Oddly, Carolina and L.A. were favorites, which made it even better. It's going to suck when Vegas adjusts.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caps without Ovi and Backstrom whilst mixing in a bunch of new players (Oshie, Williams, Orlov, etc.) ... that's a bad, bad mix. But hey, my seats were great, and it's a long season, so I won't sweat it too much. Nice to see the team give Ward a presentation and the crowd give him a standing O. Hard to root against that guy.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The "experts" are still blinded by the Kings. I've seen all three of their games and they truly suck. Nobody goes to the net. Lucic is probably in line for the "most disappointing newcomer" award.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Always wise to make judgements on teams after 3 games.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ovechkin apparently set his iPhone alarm to 8:30 p.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. and missed the morning skate, which is why he was scratched last night.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Easy enough to do. I know I've done it roughly 8468391649 times.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Reacher was talking about being surprised that a betting line had the Kings favored. The way they looked after two games -- and still after the third -- they probably shouldn't have been favored. The "expert" who set the line screwed it up, obviously. That's all I said.
    But, it nice to know that I can always count on you to dispute everything I write on the baseball and hockey threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted