1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there no shame anymore?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Nov 25, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I was pulling into my driveway tonight and I see that there's a woman letting her dorky mop-sized dog use my lawn as a toilet. I asked her please not to do that. I came out to get the mail, and the woman and the dog are still there. I repeated my request--politely, with no bad language of any kind. She asked me to repeat myself, which I did. Eventually, she and the dog moved on. It was already dark, so I couldn't tell exactly what the dog was leaving.

My question is, wouldn't you be embarrassed if your dog was pissing or crapping on a lawn and the homeowner showed up? I would.

Note: I have a dog, which I do take for walks. Whenever she looks like she's getting ready to unload on someone's lawn, I take her into the street. She never craps on walks at all, only pees, and only in the street.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How about taking a plastic bag with you whenever you walk out the door? Its that easy.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I should have to clean up after someone else's dog?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think he means th eperson walking it.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I disagree. I feel it is OTD's responsibility to clean up neighborhood dog poop.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No but you should clean up after your dog.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

But me taking a dump on your lawn...that's OK, right?

I mean, I'm just asking. Only curious.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

My dog refuses to poop while on leash.

And I'd rather not risk the $275 fine for not picking up his boom-booms.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I went to use the bathroom around 5 a.m. and saw a flash outside. A woman from down the road was walking her dog in my yard. More precisely, she was standing in place while the dog walked around.

I flipped on the light and opened the door with a "can I help you with something?" question.

She talked to her dog with baby talk about being so silly. She didn't seem to understand that there was something wrong with walking in my yard with her dog.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you stop jerking off while you do it.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

That's so not a visual I need right before going to bed.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I had no idea you were my sister.

Draft saved Draft deleted